Dental Support Center
USET Tribal Health Program Support (THPS) provides training and technical assistance for the dental clinics located at member Tribal Nations. The primary goal of the Dental Support Center (DSC) is to improve access to quality clinical and preventive dental services for Indian Health Service beneficiaries. General program areas include support for clinical dental services, health promotion/disease prevention activities, resource enhancement, and professional development. USET’s DSC follows guidelines established by dental and public health professional organizations.
Specific services offered by the Dental Support Center include:
- On-site comprehensive dental clinic reviews
- Consultations for specific program areas such as Quality Improvement or Clinical Efficiency
- Community dentistry program development
- Funding for small oral health promotion programs
- Training for non-dental personnel on oral health issues
- Policy and Procedure Manual templates
- Community Dental Prevention plan templates
- Health Promotion/ Disease Prevention Program Planning Guidebook
- Forms for clinical services
- Educational presentations
Continuing Education: USET’s DSC also develops and delivers continuing education programs for staff at area dental clinics. These state-of-the-art online learning programs allow clinic dental staff to upgrade and maintain their ongoing educational requirements while saving on travel expense and time.