January 13, 2022 –
This morning, the Biden-Harris Administration announced new actions to increase COVID-19 testing in schools. White House, ED, and CDC will host a call with stakeholders on Thursday, January 13 from 2-2:30 PM ET to answer questions from you and your members. Please click here to register for the meeting and receive the Zoom link.
Today, the Biden-Harris Administration is increasing COVID-19 testing for schools by:
- Sending 5 Million No-Cost Point-of-Care Tests Per Month to Schools
- Providing 5 Million Additional Lab-Based PCR Tests for Free to Schools Per Month
- Deploying Federal Surge Testing Units to Support Free Testing Access for Students, School Staff, and Families at Community Testing Sites
- Connecting Schools with COVID-19 Testing Providers to Set Up School Testing Programs using American Rescue Plan Funds
- New Training, Resources, and Materials for Implementing Test to Stay in Schools
Please submit your questions on these new announcements when you register so the White House can get to as many questions as possible.