NIHB All Tribes Call: Vaccine Rollout in Indian Country
March 19, 2021 –
At this point in the COVID 19 pandemic, many Indian health system providers have fully vaccinated their first cohort of patients and now have a better idea of both the challenges and best practices of the vaccine rollout. NIHB invites those stakeholders, along with Tribal leaders, Tribal health administrators, Tribal public health staff, Tribal advocates, and citizens to join us for an NIHB hosted discussion session where we can share what we have learned so far.
How will NIHB use this information? NIHB will use the feedback to inform our ongoing advocacy efforts and Tribes will have a chance to learn from their peers and share what has worked in their communities.
The Virtual Tribal Vaccine All Tribes Call will take place on Friday, March 19 at 3:00 PM eastern. We hope you will join us!
3:00 pm - Welcome - NIHB Board of Directors Chair
3:05 pm - COVID 19 vaccine rollout by the numbers – NIHB staff
A short presentation of the available data to help set the stage for further discussion.
3:15 pm – Facilitated discussion session
Moderators: Carolyn A. Hornbuckle, Esq. & Tyler M. Dougherty, MPH, CPH
Framing topics and related questions:
- Vaccine distribution and allocations: Have you been getting enough vaccines to cover your priority (vulnerable) populations? Did you experience any issues in getting the vaccine does or in storing the vaccines? What best practices can you share? If you are experiencing issues with allocations or shipments. What solutions would you recommend?
- Vaccine Administration: How are your vaccine efforts going? Do you have enough staff to schedule appointments or host events? Do you have enough PPE for vaccination efforts? What other barriers are you experiencing? What would you recommend to address the barriers?
- Vaccine Hesitancy & Uptake: Are you seeing vaccine hesitancy? What solutions would you recommend to overcome hesitancy? What additional resources do you need?
- Vaccine Reporting: A number of reporting systems are required as part of the vaccine rollout. Are you able to access all of those systems? Are there ways the system can be improved?
- Other Topics: Do you have other feedback to share on COVID generally or the vaccine rollout?
There is no registration fee to attend the listening session, but pre-registration is required for participation.
If you have any questions, please contact Tyler M. Dougherty at TDougherty@nihb.org or Carolyn A. Hornbuckle, Esq. at CHornbuckle@nihb.org.