September 22, 2021 –
ACA Webinar: The Tribal Self-Governance Advisory Committee (TSGAC) to the Indian Health Service (IHS) will host a Webinar on Tribal Best Practices and Critical Issues:
- Sponsorship of Tribal Members in Health Insurance Coverage through a Marketplace
- Current and Potentially Continued Marketplace-Related Provisions in the American Rescue Plan Act
- New Options for Tribal Employers to Use the Marketplace for Employer-Sponsored Coverage (and to Access Comprehensive Indian-Specific Cost-Sharing Protections)
During the Webinar, we will discuss:
- Opportunities for Tribes to “sponsor” IHS-eligible individuals in health insurance coverage through a Marketplace in order to access substantial federal resources.
- Review the mechanics of Marketplace enrollment, as well as highlight efforts made by the federal government to facilitate access to comprehensive cost-sharing protections.
- Review of enhanced Marketplace subsidies provided under the American Rescue Plan Act (for 2020 – 2022) as well as the prospect for continuation of some of the provisions in subsequent years.
- Review new option for Tribal employers to access the Marketplace for employer-sponsored coverage.
Finally, there will be significant time for participant questions and for discussion of participant experiences with Marketplace coverage.