Cooperating to Enhance Native American Food Economies Webinar Series
August 2 - August 5
Join the Native American Agriculture Fund (NAAF), Cooperative Development Foundation (CDF) and the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) for a webinar series on enhancing Native American food systems through cooperatives.
Scheduled for August 2-5, 2021 from 12-2:30 pm EDT each day, “Cooperating to Enhance Native American Food Economies” will begin with an overview of Reimagining Native Food Economies: A Vision for Native Food and Agriculture Infrastructure Rebuilding and Recovery. Published by NAAF, this report provides an infrastructure framework to harness Indian Country’s economic and nutritional potential to recover from COVID-19 and propel sustainable rural economic development.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)’s obligation to Native American agriculture
- Vision for rebuilding Native American agriculture infrastructure and food systems
- Power, reach and potential of cooperatives
- Cooperatives in First Nation’s Canada
- Legal framework for agriculture cooperatives in Indian Country
- Promise of cooperatives in creating sustainable food systems
- Developing sustainable food systems
- Indigenous people and cooperatives
- Unlocking development capital
- Meeting community needs through cooperatives