Energy Improvements in Rural or Remote Areas Virtual Workshop
November 2, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT
One event on November 2, 2022 at 11:00 am
You’re invited to participate in an Energy Improvements in Rural or Remote Areas (ERA) workshop. The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) has planned three workshops to inform the ERA program in preparation for a future funding opportunity announcement. Two of the workshops will be in-person and the other will be virtual.
The 2021 Bipartisan Infrastructure Law allocated $1 billion to improve energy systems in rural or remote areas of the country with fewer than 10,000 people.
DOE is interested in hearing from you about how demonstration projects will improve the resilience, safety, reliability, availability, and environmental performance of rural and remote energy systems throughout the country.
As part of the development of the ERA program, this workshop is an opportunity for local governments, utilities, private sector project developers, and others in rural and remote communities to share more about their energy challenges and the types of projects that can improve their energy systems.
These workshops will:
- Provide a detailed overview of the ERA program to interested stakeholders
- Collect feedback from stakeholders on drivers, challenges, and potential impacts of demonstrations
- Offer a forum for stakeholder networking in preparation for the funding opportunity announcement
The virtual workshop is set for November 1-2, 2022:
- Tuesday, November 1 from 2 to 4 p.m. MDT
- Wednesday, November 2 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. MDT