OMB Tribal Consultation on FY23 President’s Budget
May 23 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
The Tribal consultation announcement can be found on the White House website here.
This Tribal consultation on the President’s 2023 Budget will be held via teleconference on:
- Monday, May 23, 2022 (2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET)
- Registration Link: https://ems9.intellor.com?do=register&t=1&p=902664
Tribal leaders and their designees are invited to provide comments and feedback on the FY 2023 President’s Budget for programs and activities serving and benefitting Tribal governments, organizations and communities. For example, programs that support resources for Tribal schools, Tribal public safety and justice programs, tackling the climate crisis in Tribal communities, fostering Tribal sovereignty, and promoting economic opportunities in Tribal communities.
In particular, we are interested in Tribal views on the following specific topics:
- The FY 2023 President’s Budget proposal to shift funding for the Department of Health and Human Services’ Indian Health Service funding from discretionary to mandatory
- Specific feedback on the President’s Budget proposals to reclassify Bureau of Indian Affairs Contract Support Costs and Indian Self Determination and Education Assistance Act Section 105(l) Lease costs; and
- Tribal leaders feedback on the President’s Budget commitment to work with Congress on mandatory funding for future Indian Water Rights Settlements
Please note that these Tribal consultations are not for press purposes.
When registering for the teleconference via the link above, you will be asked to provide your name, email, title and Tribal leadership position, and Tribal affiliation. You will receive the call-in number and a unique participant code following registration. If possible, we encourage that Tribal leaders call in together on the same phone line to allow maximum participation for all who want to attend. Tribal leader participation will be prioritized at the consultation and we encourage registration as soon as possible. We welcome registration by additional Tribal advisors and encourage calling in on the same phone line when possible.
If registration is not possible, or if you are having difficulty registering, please email email@example.com for alternate participation information. OMB welcomes your written comments as well. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 18, 2022.