Mohegan Tribe awards grants for Connecticut schools, educators
Mohegan — The Mohegan Tribe has announced the recipients of its 2018 Mohegan Tribe Challenge Grants, which are awarded annually to Connecticut schools and educators intent on expanding Native American studies.
Each grant has a total value of $2,500, which includes funding for educational and classroom materials, a one-day instructional program and a field trip to the Mohegan Tribe’s Tantaquidgeon Museum, the nation’s oldest Native American-owned and operated museum.
• Conard High School, West Hartford, Abigail Esposito.
• Nathan Hale Arts Magnet School, New London, Dora Pero.
• Ross Woodward Classical Studies Magnet School, New Haven — Regina Criscuolo, Alisha Swart, Emma Papandrea and Angela Chiliquinga.
• St. Thomas More School, Oakdale – Josh Lindgren
• Tolland High School – Amanda Frost
• Wequonnoc Arts and Technology Magnet School, Taftville — Samantha Cholewa.