American Rescue Plan Consultation: Relief Funds for Tribes (Pacific, Northwest and Alaska)
April 1, 2021 –
Register | Dear Tribal Leader Letter
See the full list of upcoming Tribal Consultation Sessions Related to the American Rescue Plan 2021 provided by White House Tribal Affairs on 3/23
Focus: Relief Funds for Tribes
- $1 billion to be split equally between the 574 federally recognized tribes
- $19 billion to be split between tribal governments in a process determined by the Treasury
- $498 million Tribal set-aside within the Treasury’s Homeowners Assistance Program for Tribes and Native housing programs
- $500 million for Tribal governments to support capital investments in Native businesses within Treasury’s State Small Business Credit Initiative
- $100 million for Capital Projects Funds to Tribal governments and the State of Hawaii.
Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund- $250 million to allocate to eligible Tribal governments
Federal Agency: Department of Treasury
Treasury Consultation Sessions:
- Eastern, Eastern Oklahoma and Southern Plains Regions, March 31, 10 a.m. to 11:30 ET
- Navajo, Southwest and Western Regions, March 31, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET
- Great Plains, Midwest and Rocky Mountains, April 1, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET
- Pacific, Northwest and Alaska Region, April 1, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET
Deadline for Public Comments, Friday, April 2, 11:59 p.m. ET. Comments on State, Local and Tribal Relief Funds should be sent to TribalARPconsult@treasury.gov.
Treasury, SSA, VA and SBA are also holding four joint consultations on tribal consultation plans of action on April 6, 7 and 8. Deadline for Public Comments, Friday, April 9, 11:59 p.m.
ET sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TBD - additional consultations on other ARP programs