August 10, 2021
Under the American Rescue Plan Act, EDA was allocated $3 billion in supplemental funding to assist communities nationwide in their efforts to build back better by accelerating the economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic and building local economies that will be resilient to future economic shocks. This historic appropriation will support bottom-up, middle-out economic development projects and activities that are focused on advancing equity, creating good-paying jobs, helping workers to develop in-demand skills, building economic resilience, and accelerating the economic recovery for the industries and communities hit hardest by the coronavirus pandemic.
On Friday, July 23, EDA published six (6) separate Notices of Funding Opportunity (NOFOs) soliciting applications for its ARPA funds (view program summary chart). In order to help facilitate participation in these programs, EDA will host a series of webinars for EDA grantees and partners beginning on August 2. Below are links to each individual program web page and registration information for each webinar.
EDA will also host an EDA 101 and American Rescue Plan webinar on Wednesday, August 4 at 2pm Eastern (register).
- Build Back Better Regional Challenge: Monday, August 2 at 2pm Eastern (register)
- Good Jobs Challenge: Thursday, August 12 at 2pm Eastern (register)
- Indigenous Communities: Tuesday, August 10 at 2pm Eastern (register)
- Travel/Tourism/Outdoor Recreation: Tuesday, August 3 at 2pm Eastern (register)
- Economic Adjustment Assistance: Monday, August 9 at 2pm Eastern (register)
- Statewide Planning, Research and Networks: Friday, August 6 at 2pm Eastern (register)