November 9, 2021 –
The Indian Health Service COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force (VTF) operationalized COVID-19 vaccines approved under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or now fully licensed by the Food and Drug Administration. COVID-19 vaccine recommendations continue to evolve and change, with expiration date extensions, safety announcements, expanded age authorizations, and additional doses for certain previously vaccinated populations. This webinar will inform healthcare team members at all levels about recent updates, future directions and complexities of the novel COVID-19 vaccines.
- Describe the approved schedule, storage, handling, and administration recommendations for the Pfizer-BioNTech pediatric (age 5-11) COVID-19 vaccine.
- Distinguish the differences between the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 adult/adolescent (age 12+) vaccine product and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 pediatric (age 5-11) vaccine product.
- Summarize available data on safety, effectiveness and adverse events for the pediatric (age 5-11) Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
- Review vaccine safety monitoring systems in the Indian Health Service and logistics for VAERS reporting.
- Identify and apply risk mitigation strategies for minimizing vaccine administration errors
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Physician Assistants, Social Workers, Psychologists, Immunization Coordinators, other members of the healthcare team, support staff or any employee or leader at I/T/U settings.