The Department of the Interior (DOI) is excited to announce upcoming listening sessions focused on climate change and Tribal Nations. The Department would like to ensure that the efforts and initiatives it develops to meet these priorities are shaped and designed based on feedback and information from across Indian Country and Alaska Native Villages. The virtual listening sessions will inform DOI-wide and Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)-led efforts. These listening sessions are opportunities for sharing and dialogue about these programs and to learn what Tribes see as important opportunities.
Visit the DOI’s website to learn about the Tribal Climate Listening Sessions:
- Session 1: Tribal Youth and Climate – (*Oct. 13, 3:00-5:00pm EDT)
- Session 2, Part 1: Adaptation and Mitigation – (*Oct. 28, 12:00-2:00pm EDT)
- Session 2, Part 2: Relocation, Managed Retreat, and Protect-in-Place Issues in the Lower 48/Contiguous U.S. (*Oct. 28, 2:00-4:00pm EDT)
- Session 3: Relocation, Managed Retreat, Protect-in-Place in Alaska – (week of Nov. 29, TBD during Providers Conference)
Can’t make the live session? Submit comments online at https://www.regulations.gov and enter DOI-2021-0010 in the Search bar to find the Notice.
DOI is also hosting two upcoming virtual listening sessions focused on Tribal discretionary grants:
- Wednesday, October 20th, from 8:00 pm – 10 pm EDT
- Wednesday, October 27th, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm EDT