The NSRC recognizes and respects the deep, primary knowledge of Tribal Nations in the Northern Forest region and announces the NSRC Indigenous Forest Knowledge Fund to support:
- The education, mentorship, and training of Indigenous youth in applied forest research and/or Traditional Ecological Knowledge about forest systems;
- New applied forest research that advances Tribal priorities; and
- The synthesis and translation of forest research and/or Traditional Ecological Knowledge to advance communications, outreach, and economic programs for Tribal Nations and Indigenous communities.
$200,000 in NSRC funding will be awarded in 2022 to support between two and five projects, each in the $40,000 to $100,000 range, for one- to three-year funding terms.
2022 Program Timeline:
- May 3, 2022: RFP issued
- July 1, 2022: Proposals due electronically by 4:30pm
- July 22, 2022: Notification of project award decisions
- August 19, 2022: Funding committed