USET SPF continues to seek a modernized, 21st century relationship with the federal government. It is time for a new model that promotes a truly diplomatic, nation-to-nation relationship between the U.S. and Tribal Nations, and that empowers each Tribal Nation to define its own path. This mission should inform each action taken by this Administration affecting Tribal Nations. USET SPF is committed to working in partnership with all branches of government to achieve federal Indian policy reflective of the capabilities of 21st century Tribal Nations, as well as our inherent sovereignty and status as governments.
- Testimony of Chief Kirk Francis, President United South and Eastern Tribes Sovereignty Protection Fund Before the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs For the Oversight Hearing, “From Languages to Homelands: Advancing Tribal Self-Governance and Cultural Sovereignty for Future Generations.” - December 9, 2020
- USET SPF Comments on DOI FY22-26 Strategic Plan Framework - November 19, 2021
- USET SPF Comments OMB FY23 Budget Request Consultation - October 4, 2021
- USET SPF Comments OMB FY22 Budget Request Consultation - July 23, 2021
- USET SPF Comments to OMB on Consultation – April 9, 2021
- USET SPF Impact Week Follow-up Letter for Chair Schatz - July 12, 2021
- USET SPF Letter of Support for Lauren King as a Federal District Judge for the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington - June 4, 2021
- USET SPF Letter to Sec Haaland re WHCNAA - May 27, 2021
- USET SPF Joins Inter-Tribal Organization Letter to Congressional Leaders Re: Support for Legislation Authorizing the SBA Office of Native American Affairs - June 9, 2021
To find archived items, please visit our Data Center.