2019 National Indian Education Study (NIES) Post-Release Roundtable
August 23, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 1:45 pm CDT
Monday, August 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM Eastern
Join the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), Office of Indian Education (OIE), and Bureau of Indian Education (BIE) for a post-release event during the “back-to-school” season that will focus on exploring the educational experiences of American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) students.
During the webinar, participants will engage in a roundtable discussion about findings from the 2019 National Indian Education Study (NIES) report. Topics will include findings from the NIES survey questions that focused on AI/AN culture and language, information about the achievement of AI/AN students, an examination of contextual factors associated with higher- and lower-performing students, and an exploration of composite variables (i.e., variables built upon multiple discrete student survey questions).
- Julian Guerrero, Jr., Director, OIE, Comanche and Kiowa
- Peggy Carr, Ph.D., Acting Commissioner, NCES
- James Deaton, Ph.D., NIES Project Director, NCES – moderator
- Susan Faircloth, Ph.D., Chairperson, NIES Technical Review Panel, Coharie
- Rebecca Izzo-Manymules, Ph.D., Supervisory Education Specialist, BIE, Diné
Donna Sabis-Burns, Ph.D., Discretionary Group Leader, OIE, Mohawk and Tuscarora