2023 USET/USET SPF Annual Meeting
October 23 - October 25
2023 USET/USET SPF Annual Meeting
October 23-25, 2023
On the sovereign territory of the Oneida Indian Nation
Dissimilar to many other Tribal/Native organizational meetings and conferences held across Indian Country, the USET/USET SPF Impact Week, Semi-Annual, and Annual Meetings are not open for general public registration due to the nature of these being formal meetings of our Board of Directors. As such, anyone who is not representing a member Tribal Nation would need an invitation from the organization and/or a member Tribal Nation in order to attend and participate.
Turning Stone Resort Casino
5218 Patrick Rd
Verona, NY 13478
Reserve your room by October 6 to receive the rate of $150.00 plus 13.75% tax. Call (800) 771-7711 and use the code “USET Annual Meeting” to reserve your room and receive the group discount rate. There is no online group code.
Registration is now open.
We encourage ALL attendees (Board members, Committee members, Tribal Staff and presenters) to register in advance.
The early bird registration fee is $300.00 for USET committee members, general attendees, and artisans.
The registration fee increases to $350.00 on Monday, September 25.
Due to the significant cost associated with offering a virtual engagement platform the Board of Directors will be the only meetings with the virtual option. Committees will not have a virtual option.
On-site registration opens at 7:00 AM on Monday and Tuesday.
Sunday, October 22
- Golf Tournament: The Oneida Indian Nation will host a Golf Tournament at the Shenendoah Golf Course to benefit the USET Scholarship Fund on Sunday, October 22. Breakfast will be served at 9:00 am. The shotgun start is at 10:00 am and there will be teams of four. There is a $100.00 entry fee per player. To register for the tournament, please contact Lisa Viola at (315) 361-8283 (please leave a message) or Lisa.Viola@turningstone.com (payment due at time of registration). More information is coming soon.
Draft USET/USET SPF Board of Directors Agenda:
Monday | October 23rd
- Passing of the Fire Ceremony
- Honoring the Life of Keller George
- Treasurer of the United States | Chief Lynn Malerba
- America250 Presentation on Preparing for the U.S. Semiquincentennial (invited)
- U.S. Census Bureau Updates
- USET SPF Policy, Legislation, & Litigation- General Activity & Priorities Overview
- Tribal Leader Panel: Lookback at COVID-19 Relief Funding: Challenges and Success Stories
- White House Tribal Affairs Staff | Elizabeth Reese and PaaWee Rivera (invited)
- White House Council on Native American Affairs | Director Anthony Morgan Rodman (invited)
- Addressing the Suicide Crisis in Indian Country | Seneca Nation of Indians
Tuesday | October 24th
- USET/Federal Panel: Tribal Nation Opportunities under the Inflation Reduction Act
- USET/Federal Panel: Quantifying the Economic Impact of Tribal Nations
- Casey Lozar, Director, Center for Indian Country Development, U.S. Federal Reserve
- Rebecca Naragon, Director, USET Office of Economic Development
- Assistant Secretary of Indian Affairs (ASIA) | Bryan Newland (invited)
- Indian Health Services | Director Roselynn Tso (invited)
- Department of Interior | Tribal Affairs Advisor Heidi Todacheene (invited)
- DOI STAC Updates
- Indian Boarding School Initiative
- Office of Management & Budget | Tribal Affairs Advisor Elizabeth Carr (invited)
- Federal Panel: Addressing Opioid Trafficking, Misuse, and Exposure in Indian Country
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (invited)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (invited)
- BIA Office of Justice Services (invited)
- Federal Panel: Federal Infrastructure Permitting and Development
- White House Council on Environmental Quality (invited)
- Federal Permitting Improvement Steering Council (invited)
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (invited)
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (invited)
Wednesday | October 25th
- BOD Business Session
- FY24-28 USET/USET SPF Strategic Plan
- By-Law Amendments
- 12:00 pm Adjourn
Committee Agendas At-A-Glance:
At-a-glance agendas are ideas for topics and a draft of focus areas for the upcoming meeting. Any topics included in the At A Glance agendas are not final until presenters are contacted and given confirmation for participation.
- Economic Development and Entrepreneurship Committee
- Education Committee
- Health Committee
- Homeland Security and Emergency Services Committee
- Housing Committee
- Natural Resources Committee
- Social Services Committee
- Transportation Committee
- Tribal Administration Committee
- Veterans Affairs Committee
Please submit Resolutions to Liz Malerba at email@example.com by October 2, 2023.
Draft resolutions submitted after the deadline are only eligible for consideration at the authorization of the USET SPF Executive Officers Committee (EOC) if: (1) the resolution addresses an emergency, an issue that was not known before the deadline, or for other good cause; and (2) the EOC, at its discretion, agrees to consider the resolution. Emergency resolutions must be received by 5 pm local time during the first day of the USET SPF meeting. Otherwise, they will not be considered.
Please see the resolutions policy for additional details.
- USET Resolution Template 2023 Annual Meeting
- USET SPF Resolution Template 2023 Annual Meeting
- Resolutions Policy
We have a meeting app – USET/USET SPF Events. Download the app from your app store and search for the USET/USET SPF Annual Meeting. Download the event to the app. You can use it to stay up to date with the latest news and announcements, create your personal schedule, view all agendas, and connect with attendees.
Vendors and Artisans
Vendors can reserve a booth at $850.00/per booth. Vendors need to register for the meeting to reserve their booth.
Artisans can reserve a table at $300.00/per table. Artisans need to register for the meeting to reserve their table.
COLLECTING AND REMITTING SALES TAX:
Pursuant to an agreement with the State of New York, every exhibitor and vendor that sells goods or services at Guest’s event must be authorized by the Oneida Nation Department of Taxation to collect and remit, and must collect and remit, Oneida Nation sales tax on such sales in accordance with the
rules of the Oneida Nation Department of Taxation. To obtain the necessary authorization, each such exhibitor and vendor must file an application for a Certificate of Authority from the Oneida Nation Department of Taxation at least five (5) days prior to Guest’s event. As a result of this agreement,
Guest and its vendors and exhibitors who sell goods or services at Turning Stone are not required to collect or remit sales or occupancy taxes to the State of New York. For more information, please visit the Oneida Nation Department of Taxation website at www.oneidanationtax.com.
COVID Protocols (as of 04/17/2023, subject to change)
The USET Tribal Epidemiology Center (USET TEC) is a recognized public health authority supported by the Tribal Nations within the USET region. Throughout the course of the COVID pandemic, we have relied on their expertise to guide us to ensure for the overall safety, health, and wellness for our members, staff, and event attendees. As the impacts of COVID have evolved, we have continued to assess our protocols to ensure that they remain reflective of the current status of the pandemic.
Currently (as of 04/17/2023, subject to change), USET is no longer requiring proof of vaccination to attend USET-sponsored meetings. A supply of masks and tests will be made available for attendees to use at their discretion.