DOI & BIA Engagement Sessions on Renewable Energy Accelerated Deployment Initiative
One event on August 24, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on August 28, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on September 6, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on September 7, 2023 at 12:00 am
One event on September 11, 2023 at 12:00 am
The U.S. Department of the Interior (Department) and the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) are hosting six engagement sessions throughout August and September on the Renewable Energy Accelerated Deployment Initiative for Indian Country (READI). Through these engagement sessions, the BIA intends to better understand and gather input on 1) what Tribal Nations need to proactively promote Tribal renewable energy development and 2) what the BIA should do to address Tribal needs with respect to renewable energy development.
The engagement session dates and times are as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 21, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa, Catoosa, OK
- Thursday, Aug. 24, Pechanga Resort Casino, Temecula, CA
- Monday, Aug. 28, Wild Horse Resort and Casino, Pendleton, OR
- Wednesday, Sept. 6, via Zoom
- Thursday, Sept. 7, via Zoom
- Monday, Sept. 11, National Indian Programs Training Center, Albuquerque, NM
- Sept. 2023, Hybrid Midwest/Eastern Area
The Department offers a travel stipend for one representative from your Tribal nation to attend one of the in-person engagement sessions. For travel stipend arrangements, please send a request to READI@bia.gov.
They welcome your written comments, which can be submitted by completing a form or emailing READI@bia.gov by 11:59 p.m. ET, Friday, Sept. 15, 2023.
For more information on the Renewable Energy Accelerated Deployment Initiative (READI) visit the website bia.gov/readi