NAFOA Webinar Series – Building Career Pathways: Working for Treasury
November 17, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CST
One event on November 17, 2021 at 2:00 pm
NAFOA and Treasury will be co-hosting a two-part seminar on November 16 and 17, 2021 to inform Native American youth and young professionals about the function of Treasury and how working for Treasury can contribute to professional growth while making an impact on their communities and country. The seminar will provide practical advice on how to navigate the job search, the USAJobs application process and how to highlight applicants’ experiences and talents to stand out during the recruitment and application recruitment process. Treasury staff will discuss why they chose Treasury for their careers and give insight into their day-to-day experiences.
Part I: Intro to Careers in Treasury
Tuesday, November 16 at 3:00 – 4:00 pm ET
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Introduction to Treasury: Who are we, what do we do and why it matters
- What’s it Like to Work for Treasury?
- Career Opportunities with Treasury
Part II: The Application Process
Wednesday, November 17 at 3:00 – 4:00 pm ET
- Applying for a Treasury Position
- Standing Out from the Competition