Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation: Business Meeting to Consider S. 1790, S. 1880 (Protecting Indian Tribes from Scams Act), S. 2068 (Minority Business Development Act of 2021), S. 2299, S. 2333, and S. 451.
August 4, 2021 @ 9:00 am CDT
Business meeting to consider
- S.451, to require the Secretary of Commerce, acting through the Director of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, to help facilitate the adoption of composite technology in infrastructure in the United States,
- S.1790, to ensure that the Federal Communications Commission does not approve radio frequency devices that pose a national security risk,
- S.1880, to direct the Federal Trade Commission to submit to Congress a report on unfair or deceptive acts or practices targeted at Indian Tribes or members of Indian Tribes,
- S.2068, to require the Minority Business Development Agency of the Department of Commerce to promote and administer programs in the public and private sectors to assist the development of minority business enterprises, to ensure that such Agency has the necessary supporting resources, particularly during economic downturns,
- S.2299, to modify the age requirement for the Student Incentive Payment Program of the State maritime academies,
- S.2333, to amend chapter 2205 of title 36, United States Code, to ensure equal treatment of athletes, and the nominations of Jennifer L. Homendy, of Virginia, to be Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board, Karen Jean Hedlund, of Colorado, to be a Member of the Surface Transportation Board, and Robert Cornelius Hampshire, of Michigan, and Carol Annette Petsonk, of the District of Columbia, both to be an Assistant Secretary of Transportation.
Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee
Wednesday August 4, 2021 (10:00 AM EDT)
253 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, D.C.