USET/USET SPF 2022 Annual Hybrid Meeting
October 11 - October 13
USET/USET SPF 2022 Annual Hybrid Meeting
October 11-13, 2022
On the sovereign territory of the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
Foxwoods Resort and Casino
240 Fox Tower Drive
Mashantucket, CT 06338
Make your reservation as soon as possible to receive the best rate.
Please be advised that all rates quoted are per room, per night, single or double occupancy. A charge of $25.00 will be added for each guest room over double occupancy.
Exclusive to the rates, there will be an additional Resort Fee of $25.00 per room per night charged at check out. Amenities included in this fee are: Access to the fitness center facilities, two (2) bottles of water, in-room coffee and tea, newspaper upon request, unlimited local calling, and high speed wired internet access in the hotel room.
Room rates and Resort Fee are subject to a 15% MPT Occupancy Tax (subject to change), per room, per night, in effect at the time of check-in.
ALL Attendees (including USET/USET SPF Board Members and presenters) are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the meeting.
The early bird registration fee is $300.00 for USET committee members, general attendees, and artisans.
The registration fee increases to $350.00 on Monday, September 19.
Due to the significant cost associated with offering a virtual engagement platform and the lack of registered virtual participants, the Board of Directors, Health Committee and the Opioid Task Force will be the only meetings with the virtual option. All other Committees will not have a virtual option.
Monday, October 10 | INDIGENOUS PEOPLES DAY
- 8:00 AM Registration: Golf Tournament hosted by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and benefitting the USET Scholarship Fund. See additional information below.
- 9:00 AM Registration: USET Walk-A-Thon | The funds generated from the Walk-a-thon will be used to provide a limited number of matching dollars for members who need to fundraise locally to provide the financial resources to enable their youth to attend Close Up during our USET/USET SPF 2023 Impact Week Meeting. See additional information below.
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM: New Board Member Training and Orientation – Premier E (Fox Tower 1st Floor).
- 3:00 PM: Where We Belong | Viewing & Discussion with Madeline Sayet at the Fox Tower.
- 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Welcome Reception hosted by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation at the MPTN Museum & Research Center. Round-trip transportation will be provided starting at 4:45 PM from the Fox Tower.
*Indigenous Peoples’ Day recognizes our relatives’ resilience and strength, our significant influence made on every aspect of American society. As it should be with all things, the telling of history should reflect the truth. We must no longer allow the narrative to be a self-serving untruthful revisionist history told by those with the greatest power and influence. As we gather this year, we hope to celebrate each other and our next seven generations with demonstrations and presentations of our traditions and honoring our relatives.
Participate in this year’s golf tournament on Monday, October 10, at the world class Lake of Isles golf course, hosted by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation. Proceeds will go to the USET Scholarship Fund.
- $100 per player | Teams of Four
- 8:00 am Registration | 9:00 am Shotgun Start
- Boxed lunch provided
- Prizes for Top Scores
Lake of Isles Golf Course
1 Clubhouse Drive
North Stonington, CT 06359
Come join us for a 5K Walk, Run, Roll Walk-A-Thon, co-sponsored by USET and the Mashantucket Tribal Diabetes Programs. The funds generated from the Walk-a-thon will be used to provide a limited number of matching dollars for members who need to fundraise locally to provide the financial resources to enable their youth to attend Close Up during our USET/USET SPF 2023 Impact Week Meeting. Close up provides an opportunity for students to learn and explore current issues facing Tribal Nations and the complex relationship between Tribal Nations and the federal government. Don’t miss this great opportunity to enjoy a beautiful day outside while supporting youth leadership development. The Walk, Run, Roll will be hosted by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation on Monday, October 10, 2022 at 10:00am, with registration starting at 9:00am. The first 200 registrants that turn in their donor sheet will receive a t-shirt.
- Board of Directors (virtual participation option will be available)
- Culture and Heritage Committee – not meeting
- Economic Development and Entrepreneurship Committee
- Education Committee
- Health Committee (virtual participation option will be available)
- Homeland Security and Emergency Services Committee
- Housing Committee – not meeting
- Natural Resources Committee
- Social Services Committee – not meeting
- Transportation Committee
- Tribal Administration Committee
- Tribal Justice Committee – not meeting
- Veterans Affairs Committee
- Opioid Task Force (virtual participation option will be available)
Please submit Resolutions to Liz Malerba at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2022.
We have a created a new app – USET/USET SPF Events. Download the app from your app store and search for the USET/USET SPF Annual Meeting. Download the event to the app. You can use it to stay up to date with the latest news and announcements, create your personal schedule, view all agendas, and connect with attendees.
Exhibitors and Artisans
Exhibitors can reserve a booth at $850.00/per booth. Exhibitors need to register for the meeting to reserve their booth.
Artisans can reserve a table at $300.00/per table. Artisans need to register for the meeting to reserve their table.
COVID Protocols (as of 09/15/2022, subject to change)
The USET Tribal Epidemiology Center (USET TEC) is a recognized public health authority supported by the Tribal Nations within the USET region. Throughout the course of the COVID pandemic, we have relied on their expertise to guide us to ensure for the overall safety, health, and wellness for our members, staff, and event attendees. As the impacts of COVID have evolved, we have continued to assess our protocols to ensure that they remain reflective of the current status of the pandemic. Today, we are announcing the following updates to the USET sponsored meeting COVID protocols:
USET/USET SPF Sponsored Meetings
- Up to date* vaccinated attendees will not be required to mask and can fully engage without restrictions. Vaccinated attendees will provide proof of up-to-date status via self-attestation. Daily testing is strongly encouraged.
- Unvaccinated attendees, or attendees not up to date, will be allowed to attend, but will be required to:
- Wear a KN-95 or N-95 mask, or
- Test negative within 24 hours of the event AND also test negative daily, if the meeting is for extended days
As part of our public heath authority responsibilities, we will continue to provide education, offer PPE, rapid tests, and continue to strongly encourage best practices. Additionally, for USET/USET SPF meetings hosted by member Tribal Nations, we will continue to comply with the COVID protocols that each set for their respective nation. While these protocols have changed to better reflect the current state of the pandemic, updated booster shots, and availability of treatments options, the USET TEC strongly recommends ongoing caution due to the health disparities that exist across Indian Country.
*Please note that up-to-date means that the primary series has been received and any current boosters (if eligible and/or available) have been administered.