Waterpower Week in Washington Conference
May 8 - May 10
The National Hydropower Association’s annual Waterpower Week in Washington conference is taking place May 8-10 at the Capital Hilton Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Registration is open and they are offering complimentary registration to Tribal and First Nations by using code “2COMP3” when you register here.
By attending Waterpower Week, you will learn and hear about issues and topics important to you and your work. A detailed program can be found HERE.
A few specific sessions they want to bring to your attention that likely will be of particular interest to you are:
- FERC Relicensing and Compliance: What’s New?
- Complying with Emerging Environmental Justice (EJ) Requirements
- Hot Regulatory and Legal Topics
- A Collaborative Approach to Successful Project Permitting: Balancing the Real and Present Need for Marine Energy with Protecting the Environment
- Considerations for Voluntary Dam Removal
- Celebrating Diversity Breakfast (Ticket Required)
- Tools of the Trade: Skill-Building and Applications for Negotiations Techniques
Waterpower Week enables you to connect both formally and informally with attendees who work in the waterpower community. It’s an important venue for opening lines of communication on important subjects such as dam removal, licensing reform, and environmental protection.
For those new to the waterpower community, Waterpower Week provides a unique opportunity to meet waterpower professionals and become familiar with the waterpower community and how it works.