Webinar on Protecting Elders in Native Communities from Financial Exploitation: Grandparent Scams, Financial Caregiving, and Resources
September 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CDT
Join the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and the Native American Elder Justice Initiative (NAEJI) on Wednesday, September 18, 2023, 3:00-4:30 PM Eastern, for a webinar on Protecting Elders in Native Communities from Financial Exploitation: Grandparent Scams, Financial Caregiving, and Resources. Register today!
Tribal organizations provide critical services to elders in their communities. This work positions them to prevent, identify, and respond to elder financial exploitation, especially in collaboration with law enforcement, tribal social services agencies, financial institutions, and others.
This webinar will introduce key consumer protection topics and discuss ways to protect elders from exploitation. The webinar will include discussion of:
- Grandparent scams
- Financial caregiving
- Elder protection resources specifically created for Native communities
Learn from elder financial exploitation and native communities experts including:
- Jenefer Duane – Senior Program Analyst, CFPB’s Office for Older Americans
- Lisa Weintraub Schifferle – Senior Policy Analyst, CFPB’s Office for Older Americans
- Judith Kozlowski – Senior Fellow, Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement
- Shawn Spruce – Financial Education Consultant, First Nations Development Institute
- Alicia Nevaquaya – National Center for Victims of Crime, Victims Assistance to Support Tribes
- Peggy Jo Archer – Project Coordinator, NAEJI
- Bill Benson – Board President, NAEJI