The 6th annual Creative Native Call for Art by the Center for Native American Youth is now open through November 26, 2023.
Art submissions must be inspired by the prompt: Home & Community.
Native youth creatives: What does home mean to you? Is it friends, your identity, your body? Is community a physical place or people? What makes your home and your community uniquely yours?
- Self-identify as Indigenous;
- Be between the ages of 5 and 24 years old by the application deadline; and,
- Currently reside in the United States.
- Enter CNAY2023 as the password to access the submission form.
- Submit a high-resolution image of art.
- Examples of art submissions include, but are not limited to, images of artwork in the following mediums: painting, drawing, pottery, photography, sculpture, and traditional works such as beadwork, jewelry, regalia, silversmithing, and carving.
*To be eligible for the Grand Prize, artists must be between the ages of 15-24 years old.
About the Program
Each year, art submissions will be inspired by a unique prompt. Artists who submit will have the opportunity to receive national recognition and an award of $300.00. An artist between the ages of 15-24 will also be recognized as the grand prize winner and receive a $1,000.00 award. Creative Native also presents a new and exciting way to engage youth in the Generation Indigenous National Native Youth Network. The Gen-I initiative is focused on removing barriers that stand between Native American youth and opportunities to succeed. Artists who submit to the Creative Native Call for Art will have their submissions counted as their Gen-I Challenge activities and those over 14 will be recognized as Gen-I Ambassadors. As Ambassadors, the artists are invited to join our network of Native leaders and get continued access to exclusive leadership and advocacy opportunities. Click here to create an account and log into the new Gen-I Network portal.