The International Association of Emergency Managers has received funding from FEMA to support individuals interested in pursuing the IAEM Certified Emergency Manager certification. Selected individuals will have their certification and preparatory course fees waived (a $1,000 value)! This year, we are making extra efforts to share this announcement with tribal emergency managers in the hopes that we can get more tribal emergency managers professionally certified.
About the Cohort Opportunity:
- Open to individuals who have not yet submitted the CEM application, taken the certification exam or submitted the application fee;
- Because funding to support these fees is from the U.S. government, interested candidates must be employed full-time as emergency managers in one of the following jurisdictions to apply:
- other local government entity
- Individuals must qualify for the CEM designation (Criteria can be reviewed on the IAEM website).
- Candidate must be committed to complete the application by February 28, 2023 and the exam by May 15, 2023.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates must submit the following three documents:
- Application for CEM Fees Waiver
- The CEM Self-Assessment Tool Part 1
- The CEM Self-Assessment Tool Part 2
The deadline to submit the application is October 28, 2022 to Kate McClimans (Kate@iaem.com). All candidates who apply will be notified of the results via email in November.