Information and Resources
- The 2021 Community Impact Grant program is now open through December 31, 2021.
The Foundation offers grant awards up to $5,000 to 501(c)(3) designated organizations (recognized and in good standing with the IRS for a minimum of one year) and tax-exempt public service agencies in the U.S. that are using the power of volunteers to improve the community. Grants are given in the form of The Home Depot gift cards for the purchase of tools, materials or services and are required to be completed within six months of approval date.
The grant program supports veteran service organization projects directly impacting the lives of veterans.
- VA 8/2/21: VA to start processing disability claims for certain conditions related to particulate matter
- VA 6/8/21: Toxic Exposure Press Release
- Veterans and Those They Left Behind: What Benefits Do They Receive? How We Take Care of Families of Those Who Died While Serving in U.S. Armed Forces
- HR 7105 Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020
- HR 6237 Proper and Reimbursed Care (PRC) for Native Veterans Act
We are pleased to announce that we have rescheduled the National Native American Veterans Memorial Dedication Ceremony and Veterans Procession for November 11, 2022.National Museum of the American Indian
We look forward to welcoming you in 2022 to the museum grounds to honor American Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaska Native veterans.
While we could not gather as planned to dedicate the memorial in 2020, we were able to mark its opening with a video message and several virtual programs on and around Veterans Day last year. We will share additional details about the events with email updates and information on our website. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to NNAVMDedication@si.edu with any questions