July 12-16, 2021 (register by July 7)
Presented by the University of Arizona’s Native Nations Institute (NNI)
Are you interested in being your own boss and making your own money?
Do you have a product or service idea you’d like to turn into a business?
NNI’s Native American Youth Entrepreneurship Program will help high schoolers build entrepreneurial skills and teach you how to plan out your own business idea. With the guidance of highly qualified instructors, you will learn the basics of what is needed to jump start your business idea.
Join online via Zoom (attendance required for all 5 days)
- Day 1: What is entrepreneurship?
- Day 2: Defining your product/service
- Day 3: Marketing and your target market
- Day 4: The costs of doing business
- Day 5: Speed pitch showcase
- A computer or mobile device with a reliable internet connection | Note: Mobile devices (smart phones, tablets) are supported but may not be ideal for required assignments.
- Up-to-date Internet browser
- Headphones, earbuds or speakers
- Webcam and microphone
- Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, and Power Point) or access to the Google online suite
- Must be a student in high school grades 9-12 as of fall 2021 (or a graduating senior May 2021);
- Must identify as Indigenous and reside within the United States
Visit the NAYEP website to learn more and register.