Recognizing the limited access that American Indians and Alaskan Native students have regarding access to graduate entrance exams and the cost of affording such exam, we researched the average cost of the following tests:
- GRE: $205.00
- GMAT: $250.00
- MCAT: $320.00
- LSAT: $200.00
- PCAT: $210.00
Seeing this need as a barrier to Native students’ access to graduate education, American Indian Graduate Center created the AIGC Access Scholarship that will provide a one-time award to cover students’ graduate test fees.
- Must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited non-profit institution.
- Must provide an unofficial copy of your current transcript. Copy of the transcript must include the student’s name, semester/quarter, and institution name or logo.
- Must indicate which test they are taking and certify that if the applicant does not take the test, they will return the funds.
- Must be an enrolled member or a 1st/2nd generation descendant of a federally or state-recognized enrolled Tribe.
- Must provide proof of Tribal enrollment via a copy of their Certificate Degree of Indian Blood, Tribal membership card, Tribal Eligibility Certificate (TEC), OR a letter of enrollment/descendency from your Tribal enrollment office. Faxed and emailed documents will no longer be accepted.
- Must submit a receipt of payment and copy of your test score to American Indian Graduate Center. If these verification documents are not received by American Indian Graduate Center, the applicant will be ineligible for future American Indian Graduate Center funding.