Office of Management and Budget Tribal Consultation on the President’s FY 2023 Budget
September 23, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
This Tribal consultation on the President’s FY 2023 Budget will be held via teleconference on:
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 (2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ET)
Tribal leaders and their designees are invited to provide comments and recommendations on how the FY 2023 President’s Budget can effectively support American Indian and Alaska Native governments, organizations, communities and individuals. This includes, for example:
- Specific feedback on the highest priority programs and activities recommended for investment in the FY 2023 budget, including associated funding levels. Tribal leaders’ feedback on the treatment of these programs and activities in the FY 2023 President’s Budget in the context of those included in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the Budget Reconciliation process will be particularly helpful to OMB.
- Specific technical assistance needs to support the effective use of existing resources, such as through the American Rescue Plan Act, as well as future resources, such as those included in the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act and the Budget Reconciliation process.
- Options for a potential mandatory funding proposal for the Department of Health and Human Services’ Indian Health Service (IHS), including input on the analytical considerations in setting the level for mandatory funding and how this funding should grow in subsequent years.
- Barriers to improvement of water infrastructure for IHS and other tribal and Federal facilities.
If registration is not possible, or if you are having difficulty registering, please email email@example.com for alternate participation information. OMB welcomes your written comments as well. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than October 4, 2021.