The Tribal – Interior Budget Council (TIBC), formerly known as the Indian Affairs Tribal Budget Advisory Council (TBAC), provides a forum and process for Tribal Nations and Federal officials to work together in developing annual budget requests for Indian programs in the Department of the Interior. It provides cooperative participation in IA budget formulation, justification, and information. TIBC meetings also serve as an education forum to better inform Tribal Nations of the IA budget process and advise on the status of Indian Country initiatives throughout the Federal Government.
The Department of Interior (DOI) Office of Budget provides an overview of federal funding for Native American Programs.
TIBC meetings occur on a quarterly basis.
- DOI has meeting materials, including agendas and presentations, from past and upcoming meetings.
- DOI also has other meeting materials, including general TIBC and budget information such as TIBC protocol or action tracking.
- The National Congress of American Indians (NCAI) has meeting materials from past and upcoming meetings.
Fiscal Year Budget Submissions
- ERO-IA FY 2025 Formulation Results
- TIBC FY 2025 Tribal Budget Submission
- FY25 Executive Summary Tribal Interior Budget Council FY25 Budget Submission
- Regional Final Ranking Tool 2024 Eastern
- TIBC FY 2024 Tribal Budget Submission
Contract Support Cost Resources
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter from AS-IA Washburn in regard to the Department’s transmittal to members of Congress and the Appropriations Committees regarding matters related to Indian Affairs Contract Support Cost (CSC).
- Letters transmitted to Congress and the Contract Support Cost Table FY’14.
- Budget justification documents (“Greenbooks”) to explain the revenue proposals included in the U.S. President’s Budget)
- Directory of TIBC Representatives (April 2023)
- TIBC Protocol (March 2023)
- Policy Basics: Introduction to the Federal Budget Process – Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Education Subcommittee Report May 2018
- BIA Budget Update (2018, 2019, 2020)
- First Net Presentation
- Public Safety and Justice Subcommittee Report
- Strategic Plan Report May 2018
- March 2018 Executive Summary FY 2020
If you have any questions, please contact Kitcki A. Carroll (one of the BIA Eastern Region TIBC Representatives) directly at 615-495-2814 or email@example.com.